RTB Kids Workshop Spring 2021 COVID Safety
- All our theater workshops will be limited to 12 in each class.
- Times for the workshops have been adjusted to accommodate challenges with school dismissal and pick up lines.
- Social distancing will be observed at all times.
- Masks are required, face shields will be available as an option to use when singing.
- All rehearsals (classes) for the musical theater and drama workshops will be outdoors and socially distanced and will take place rain or shine.
- There will be no costumes- students will be given a show tee shirt to wear for the performances.
- The Saturday “Best of Broadway” workshop will sometimes meet inside the main theater to watch filmed productions. Door and windows will be open in the building and fans will be running to cycle fresh air through the building. Singing for this workshop will take place outdoors. Strict Covid cleaning and safety procedures are maintained in the building. Please click here to read about our Covid-19 safety & cleaning procedures. (insert link to that page)
- We suggest purchasing a “singer’s mask”- link below
- Please do not send your child to rehearsal if they are feeling unwell. Students will have their temperature taken and answer a brief Covid questionnaire at sign in.
General COVID-19 Protocols
What you need to know
We are self-certified for the State of Connecticut Phase II re-opening
We have an in-house Certified COVID Compliance Officer who is also OSHA certified
We have had a complete cleaning of our HVAC system including all ducts, with new HEPA MERV 10 filters
We continue with a weekly professional cleaning of the building
Our staff is regularly tested for COVID
We have removed seats and tables from the theater and lobby to provide as much open space as possible
We have installed new fans in the theater and will be keeping doors and windows open during all performances in order to provide maximum air turnover
We will have the theater ULV fogged prior to opening night. Ultra Low Volume (ULV) fogging involves densely distributing a chemical in aerosol form. This results in a mist that distributes through a room up to 8 ft. and disinfects surfaces throughout the room without the need for wiping. Using a hospital-grade disinfectant approved by the CDC, this form of antimicrobial application can help control the spread of COVID-19 and preemptively treat areas at risk of exposure.
We have purchased a cold mist sprayer to continue large scale disinfecting of the theater
We have hand sanitizing stations set up
We are conducting temperature checks, COVID screenings and recording contact information in order to do our part for contact tracing
We can’t wait to welcome you back inside our beloved Barn!